About Me

My photo
I have a beautiful wife, an infant son & a schnauzer. viva la tex-mex. Words that describe or excite: Missional, Glocal, Lead, Innovate, Initiate, Create, Risk, Community

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Video Venue

As you know I am a big fan of great music. I like classic country, alt country, indie rock, punk, rock n roll, opera, even a little classical or hip hop when the mood strikes. My wife considers me a rock snob to some degree, and I would probably have to agree with her. Everything from Shuggy Otis to Modest Mouse, Gram Parsons to Grandmaster Flash. So though these are not obscure I wanted to drop some music videos on you today. I think these are some of the best (and or most innovative) videos around. Best is subjective but for me it means they don't get old.

R.E.M. -- Imitation of Life


Weezer -- Buddy Holly


Beastie Boys -- Sabotage (not innovative but so much fun, file under guilty pleasure)


Coldplay -- Yellow (correct me if I am wrong but isn't this one continuous shot unedited)


Duran Duran -- Wild Boys (The first music video I ever saw.)


For 5 recent ones try these:
Mates of State -- Fraud in the 80's
Cold War Kids -- Hang Me Out to Dry
Peter, Bjorn and John -- Objects of My Affection and Young Folks
Gnarls Barkley -- Smiley Faces

For 5 more obscure classics:
Bob Dylan -- Subterranean Homesick Blues
Townes Van Zandt -- Pancho and Lefty
Son House -- John the Revelator (proof you can find almost anything on youtube.com)
Sam Cooke -- You Send Me (danced to this at our wedding)
Dizzy Gillespie & Louis Armstrong -- Umbrella Man

80's Bonus:
Stryper -- Soldiers Under Command
Grand Master Flash -- The Message
Did you forget B.A. Baracus hates to fly?

No comments: