About Me

My photo
I have a beautiful wife, an infant son & a schnauzer. viva la tex-mex. Words that describe or excite: Missional, Glocal, Lead, Innovate, Initiate, Create, Risk, Community

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

The Bible Web 2.0 Style

In looking online for resources and bible study tools I recently have come across YouVersion.com. Billing itself as "a free online bible like no other" it promises to integrate scripture (multiple versions), community, and collaboration (user-contributed content) to create this interactive opportunity. You can read about it on the YouVersion Blog and check out the tour. In case you are wondering who is behind it: LifeChurch.tv

Check it out and then discuss your thoughts here.

Here are some of my questions that the YouVersion website may or may not address. (I will have to fully examine all the content over time.)

Initially it is a cool idea but my thoughts/questions/concerns are:
Who ultimately controls the content? Will debate be allowed and to what degree? Is it a sight where opposing viewpoints will be allowed Arminianism vs. Calvinism, Pre-mil vs Amil, etc?
What about Jewish, Mormon and Atheist thought, will absolutely anyone be able to contribute their thoughts and material on the bible.

I am just curious. What are your thoughts? I look forward to the beta launch and getting to see the early stages of this new collaborative process.

No comments: