About Me

My photo
I have a beautiful wife, an infant son & a schnauzer. viva la tex-mex. Words that describe or excite: Missional, Glocal, Lead, Innovate, Initiate, Create, Risk, Community

Monday, January 22, 2007

On Being a Dad : 01.22.07

King of the World
Current mood: pink-eyed and gunkified
Category: School, College, Greek

I just have to say that when my 5 month old son, Eli, looks at me and smiles. I want to yell at the top of my lungs "I AM KING OF THE WORLD." That is how great I feel when he does something as simple yet as grand as: smiling at his dad. It is the feeling of kings, of champions, of mighty conquerors. Fatherhood is a challenge and only 5 monthes in I am sure it is only uphill from here. Beyond the challenge though it is a true blessing. I can not describe to you the joy it brings me. In just 5 monthes it has taught me so much about loving my own dad better, being not just a better dad but also husband and person; and most of all about the Heavenly Fathers love for us to send his only Son as a sacrificial, substitutionary, atoning Savior for me and my sin soaked carcass.

Currently listening :
#3
By Suburban Kids with Biblical Names
Release date: By 21 November, 2006

No comments: